Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chicken Stir Fry

Last night I looked in the refrigerator to see what was available (still a week away till payday) I found some older vegetables that needed to be either used or thrown out. So I cut up some bak choy, carrots, zucchini, broccoli, pea pods, bamboo shoots, red cabbage, peppers red and green, onions, celery, Napa cabbage, yellow squash and freshly grated ginger into very fine strips and set aside.

Next I cut up 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts into 1/2 inch pieces. I cook the chicken in a wok with just a little sesame seed oil and some tamari (wheat free soy sauce) some salt and pepper, stirring constantly until all the chicken was cooked. Then I added the vegetable mix and about 1/4 cup water to help steam the vegetables. I keep stirring for about 5 more minutes. I served it with quinoa pilaf. Now I have enough leftovers to have a wonderful lunch today also.

No comments:

Post a Comment