Saturday, February 12, 2011

Frittata - a fancy, smancy, sounding word that means leftovers and eggs.


Thursday, May 28, 2009 
Good morning boys and girls...today were are going to make frittatas. You can impress your friends and make them think you are a gourmet cook all at the same time.

I wanted to clean out my refrigerator this morning and use whatever leftovers I could find.
Here is what I found.

1/2 sweet onion
some left over cooked hamburger
some cottage cheese
left over brown rice
some left over broccoli
and a small amount of graded cheddar cheese
some eggs

In a oven proof skillet put a little olive oil in the bottom of the skillet. Over a medium heat put in what ever ingredients you prefer. I used what I had on hand (see above). Cook for a few minutes until the mixture is warm all through. Shake or mix in a blender till smooth some eggs, cottage cheese and a little milk ( I use soy or rice milk) and pour over the top. Let cook till eggs are set and the top is slightly wet.
Transfer to broiler and broil till top is set 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese then rebroil till cheese is melted.

I like mine hot and server with a small amount of bar-b-que sauce my wife likes hers with a dollop of sour cream on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment