Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hash browns with a twist

Hashbrowns with a twist

Wednesday, September 30, 2009
I love hash brown potatoes, so yesterday I decided to make a change in my regular, standard, ordinary hash brown's. I took 2 large russet potatoes and chopped them up very fine. I put them in a cast iron skillet with just a little canola oil in the bottom turned the heat on to a medium heat, and just let them cook undisturbed about 12 minutes on each side. While they were cooking I chopped up half of a fugi apple and added it to the cooking potatoes. I also added a dash of cinnamon to the concoction. About half way through the cooking process I stirred up everything real well and added just a couple shakes of salt for flavor. Then let the potatoes continue cooking undisturbed, until golden brown. The flavors blended well with each other and the hash browns went very well with my homemade waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment