Tuesday, February 15, 2011

You made a WHAT kind of omelet...?

You made a WHAT kind of omelet...?

Peanut Butter & Jelly Omelet.

Today was mother's day so I asked my wife what she would like for her special breakfast. She suggested that I make her one of my outstanding peanut butter and jelly omelets along with some country fried potatoes.

Ingredients:
2 eggs
little pad of butter
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 tablespoon jelly or jam.

I melt the butter in one of my cast iron skillets (I love to cook with cast iron) shake up the eggs or mix them up pretty good, pour them into the hot pan then I put in the peanut butter and jam, let the eggs cook till almost solid then using a spatula get under one edge and fold the eggs on top of them selves. let cook for just a few more minutes then slide onto a plate. Season as desired with salt and pepper.

To make the hash browns cut up the potatoes into small chunks heat a skillet with about 1 tablespoon oil. Put the potatoes into the hot oil add anything else that you like, mushrooms, onions, cheese. let cook for about 15 minutes then turn the potatoes...serve nice and hot season with salt and pepper to taste....

No comments:

Post a Comment