Sunday, February 13, 2011

Homemade cheese sauce

homemade cheddar cheese sauce
Why buy a canned cheddar cheese sauce which has all sort of bad stuff in it when it is so simple to make your own.
For lunch today I wanted a baked potato with a broccoli cheddar cheese sauce. So I made one up. I used 1 cup of milk (I used powdered milk, however regular milk will do), 2 tablespoons of butter, 2 tablespoons of GF flour (regular flour will also work). I heated the milk, flour and butter in a pan until almost boiling stirring constantly then I removed the mixture from the heat and stirred in 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese. stirring till all the cheese was blended in. Finally I added some chopped up, cooked broccoli to the sauce and poured it onto my baked potato. Made a very simple,yet delicious sauce for my baked potato lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment