Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chicken Taragon


I am always looking for ways to spice up food yet keep them safe for my wife to eat. The I modify them according to what I have in the pantry.

I made up the Bearnaise sauce according to the package instructions. Then set is aside. Next I cut up two chicken breasts (boneless, skinless) into 1" chunks. I cooked up the chicken in just a little balsamic vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce (I use a gluten free version) I also added some tarragon for flavor (1/2 teaspoon), 3 teaspoons of maple syrup, and added just a little (1/4 cup of water) and let it cook until all the moisture was gone.

I had some left over rice and some left over squash which I reheated in the microwave. After the rice and squash were hot enough I plated everything and covered it all with the Bearnaise sauce. My wife really enjoyed it and she even had seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment